Friday, June 25, 2010

Hello, blogging world!

I'm listening to "Time of the Season" redone by Straight No Chaser, my new favorite group. They're these twelve men singing popular songs… acapella. They're awesome.

So tomorrow we're having a neighborhood garage sale. Yipee. It is too hot to do anything outside. We'll be out there until eitherr everything gets sold or we give up. Whichever comes first. I'm planning on spend as much time inside in the AC as I can get away with. I don't wanna be out there.

Today for some reason I spent a lot of time thinking about the people who made a difference in my life this past school year. First off, there's Moxi. I know I wouldn't be the person I am today if she hadn't ordered me to sit with her at lunch. I remember at first that table was a nice place to go to forget about everything. In the beginning of the school year, I was finally diagnosed with depression, and it was nice to have somewhere to go to just chill. Moxi could always make me laugh. Now she's my best friend. She knows me better than anyone, just slightly surpassing the next person on my list: Bryar. Bryar was a senior in the marching band and my health then gym class. I actually had a crush on him for the longest time, but now he's more of like an older brother. He was actually my first high school friend to know about the depression. He was just so easy to talk to, it was hard to keep anything from him. Health was my favorite class because there, too, I could laugh and be teased the way I wanted to, not the cruel way I was used to. Bryar can tell my mood as soon as I walk into the room, and I'm very grateful for all he's done for me, and I'm praying that we continue to stay in touch. The third person is actually my math teacher. She was one of those rare teachers who you know really cares about her students. She was there for me a lot this year, and I could talk to her about anything. She actually bought me the new Stephenie Meyer book at the end of the year because she knew how much I love the Twilight series. The fourth person is Dana. I actually didn't really become good friends with her until late in the year when she started hanging out with Bryar. Now, I am so glad that happened, because she became a really good friend.

I still have more people to talk about, but I have things to do and sleep to get so I'll write more tomorrow. Until then!

Signing off
~LeeLee

No comments:

Post a Comment