Sunday, July 25, 2010

Barbecue

As promised...

We had a barbecue so my daddy could meet some of my friends. Actually,
it was so he could meet Jake without Jake being completely singled
out. So he wouldn't be too scared :D. It was a blast. My friends Dave,
David, Ally, Katie, Adam, Chelsea, and Jake, of course, RSVPed yes.
Gretchen RSVPed maybe, and then showed up.

We had an absolute blast. At first we hung out outside on the deck
while the food was cooking. Mainly it was Jake, Dana, David and I
talking, and the rest a little away from us, but plenty of crossover
conversation. Then we had food. I forced Jake to try my oyster
crackers (I bake them lathered in oil and dill powder and garlic and
something else I can't think of at the moment) and we had a good time.
After we finished eating, we kinda just sat at the table and talked. I
got up to do something and Katie took my chair. I came back out and
Jake kept offering me his chair which was really bugging me. Not that
I don't like the chivalry, but what people don't understand is that
most of the time I'd much rather sit on the floor. He knew it bugged
me, and he kept doing it. I don't mind when that happens. I don't mind
when people are irritating, actually kinda like it as long as they
don't go too far. I don't know why.

After that we had some people taking pictures and some cars backfiring
and some liquid sunshine (the boys were playing along with my denial
of the lightning and thunder and rain), so we went inside. We split up
between the tv room and the living room (which has a tv as well, but
we just got that recently). In the living room we played Wii (to which
David replied "But I don't have to go to the bathroom yet") and blared
music and played Othello and took random pictures and put the play
crown on Jake's head. I don't know what was going on in the tv room.

After everything outside calmed down, we went out and started a fire.
Well, David and Jake started a fire. The rest of us had swordfights
and played keepaway with the frisbee. Then we made smores. And then
people starting leaving. Jake helped me clean up.

I have to say, that was probably one of the best nights of my life. I
had a blast. I love my friends. And my friends and Jake got along so
well that he's having a barbecue/pool party on Friday and inviting
them all.

Signing off,
~LeeLee~


~Laney/LeeLee~
<3 7/7/10 <3
DFTBA

No comments:

Post a Comment