Thursday, July 1, 2010

It's the time of the season

I'm unable to participate in JulNoWriMo (my mommy still hasn't given me back my laptop fulltime for how poorly I did in school this year), but I feel like doing something special for July anyway. So here's my plan: Blog everyday, and name each post with a line of a song that I either have stuck in my head or am listening to or whatever. Today it's "Time of the Season," redone by Straight No Chaser. I've heard two different remakes of this song (the other one was an American Idol contestant that we bought off iTunes), but I've actually never heard the original song. It's weird.

So my stepdad is building a patio in our backyard (even though he's moving out sometime soon) so we can put the firepit thing on it instead of the deck so we don't catch the house on fire, and he dug a little hole to put the firepit thing in, and we had a fire tonight. We have a lot of monkeyball trees, and out of curiousity, I put one in the fire. It was epically awesome. It was engulfed in flames, and the little holes were glowing red. I'll put a picture up in a later post. It was just really cool.

My sisters and I sang campfire songs and drove my parents nuts. First was the "hi, my name is Joe" one that goes on forever. Then we sang the last verse of that one moose song that goes
"Dead moose, dead moose
Floating in the water
Not eating his supper
Where did he go?
He decomposed."
and then we sang the one about the cannibalistic worm that burps at the end, and then we got sent inside :D. It was nice. With my closest sister being seven years younger than me and the other nine years younger than me, we don't get a lot of bonding time like that. I had fun.

Now I'm going to go to bed, because my mom says she's not taking me to the library if I sleep in until ten, though that's not really my fault because I physically can't fall asleep before two AM when I get like this. I'm gonna put on my sleep playlist ("Rever's Edge" by FLCL, "Bella's Lullaby" by Carter Burwell, "Lullaby" by Billy Joel, "The Riddle" by Five for Fighting, "My Immortal" by Evanescense (spell check), "The Island" by Celtic Thunder, "One Voice" by SNC, and "Pure Imagination" from the original Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory) and attempt to sleep.

Good night, all,
~LeeLee~

No comments:

Post a Comment